Monday, November 16, 2009

"Love it"

What a fun weekend. It was so nice having Matthew home more last week. The kids are so happy to see him and they love playing with their dad. It is always a special blessing for me to see the kids playing with Matthew.

 Saturday we ended up separating the twins so that they could get some one on one time. Madison and I went to Target ( no surprise there! ). I asked her where she wanted to go and she said Target so that is where we went :) She had SO much fun, almost too much fun. She played in the clothing section for at least 30min! She just loved looking at all of the different colors and showing me everything that she liked. This is SUPER cute to me right now but I have a feeling later on......well......she is going to be a HANDFUL! After looking at all the clothes, we went and walked around in the toy isles and she played with all the baby dolls and strollers and shopping carts she could manage. She did so great when it was time to go! She put the babies back and waved at them and said "here ya go baby" and then as we walked away she waved and said "bye babies!". She is a great little girl. I couldnt ask for more!

We really did get the best of both worlds with Madi and Landon. I got the girly girl I always dreamed of and I got the boy that I was terrified of :) Landon is such a sweet little boy. He loves to cuddle with his mommy. He is into everything but he also is great about giving his sister the spot light, he really doesnt mind and it is really neat to see him take care of her. He brings her milk in the morning and pushes her around on all of their toys and even rubs her hair through the railings on her crib after I lay her down. Madi now rolls right over and says "kiss?" and she will kiss Landon through the bars/rails of her crib. I hope they are still super close as they get older, having a sibling is such a blessing.....

Yesterday we went out to my sister's house for Cam's 6th birthday. We had SO much fun and the kids really love seeing the goats and the chickens....Krisstel's house is so different from everything they have at home so it is a lot of fun for them. I was getting Madi dressed for the party and after she got her clothes on, she looked at me and looked in the mirror and said "LOVE IT". She usually says "cute" but I guess she is moving on from that now! Babies really do say the funniest things... LOL

Well, hopefully Matthew will be home after this week but I am trying not to get my hopes up. He is doing such a great job and is going out of his way to be extra sweet and helpful when he IS home which is so wonderful. I am excited to see what God has planned for our marriage and I am going to continue to pray that God would protect our marriage and continue to bring us closer. I also am praying that we would get out of the way of whatever God is trying to do. :) I am such a control freak with day to day things that I find it really hard not to have all the answers or at least a game plan!

Finally started a prayer journal, I have been meaning to do that for so long now. I am excited to write in it again. God already answered a prayer from my 1st Journal entry! We went to church on Sunday. We have really struggled with making church a priority and I miss it so much. It is hard to make ourselves go when Matthew is out of town so much. On the weekends when he is home, we want to just spend time together as a family and not have to be anywhere. I know there is a balance there and I also know that God will help us find it so that we can set the example God intended us to be for our children. Please pray with me on this and ask God to continue to mold us and show us a clear path on which church to go to and also how to raise our children to know God and love God and worship God.... after all, isnt that our job as parents? Everything else in life cant even compare to such an awesome responsibility.

I am learning one day at a time....I am watching God work and I have to say.... I "Love it" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment