Thursday, October 22, 2009

26 Minutes away from FRIDAY!

Friday, one of my favorite days, the day Matthew gets home from being out of town all week! He usually gets home right after the kids go down for their nap which is so fun because it gives him time to get in the door and hang out with me for a few minutes! THEN when the kids wake up from their nap, Matthew goes upstairs to get them. They are so surprised when he opens the door :)

Friday seems to me to be the day of the week when everyone takes a deep breath. It is so funny to me how I manage to stay up all hours of the night when Matthew is away but the second he gets home it hits  me that I am TIRED! I end up falling asleep early and not wanting to get up in the morning. I feel like I can finally sleep with BOTH feet in the bed when Matthew is home. I dont have to be on 24hour alert mode just in case one of the babies wake up or need me.

My mom dropped by tonight on her way home from work. The kids are just CRAZY about her! They stand at the window and watch for her when she pulls in the driveway. Then, they run to the front door to open it for her. They are always so happy and excited to see her. She teaches them some of the most random things too. For example, she taught them how to run backwards. She also taught them to make an "L" shape with both hands and hold them up next to each other to form a "W" and say "whatever". I love the fact that she can be having a super tough day and come over and find rest and joy with my kids. Just another reason I am so happy we moved to Virginia. I always dreamed of watching my mom play with my kids but I didnt anticipate the joy it would bring to my heart to watch my kids looking adoringly at my mom, such a neat blessing.

Yep, almost Friday. Cant wait to catch up on some sleep and spend time with the kids and Matthew as a family :)

Hoping everyone has an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment