Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Blues

Monday, the day Matthew leaves to head back out of town. Usually, on days like today, I prefer to sit around and basically pout. I wont lie and say that didnt happen at all today but I must admit that the day went pretty well. The kids were super sweet and even though I didnt think I was in the mood for company, I told my Aunt she could come over. I am so glad I did because I think that her visit really set a good tone for the day. The kids ran around outside and just played in the leaves and with the dog and it was actually kind of relaxing to just sit on the deck and watch them.

I realize Halloween is just around the corner and although I am excited about the candy and the costumes I am ready for Christmas. :) I love the Christmas season. I love to decorate and listen to Christmas music and light candles that smell like cinnamon. Christmas has such a young spirit about it. I am excited to watch the kids this Christmas because I think they will really have more fun opening gifts and playing etc this year. Last year was fun but they really didnt know what in the heck was going on. This year, even though they STILL dont understand the whole Santa concept, they do understand new toys and get super excited about them so I think that it is going to be a blast. I am ready to start traditions that they will forever remember when they think of their childhood. What memories do I want to give my children? It is really a unique opportunity when you think about it. 

I suppose I had better go to bed! I have so much to do and I am totally not focused! I hope Tuesday will be as pleasantly surprising as my Monday was. :)

Good night.

Ps. I posted a couple pictures of the kids outside. I will post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment